David Bowie performed at London’s Wembley Arena on 17 November 1995, as part of the Outside Tour.
It was the 30th date of the tour, which began on 14 September in Hartford, USA, and the third of four nights at Wembley. The support act was Morrissey.
Bowie’s guitarists were Carlos Alomar and Reeves Gabrels. Mike Garson played piano and keyboards, Gail Ann Dorsey was on bass guitar, and Zack Alford was on drums. Peter Schwartz played synthesizer and was the musical director, and George Simms was on backing vocals and keyboards.
- ‘The Motel’
- ‘Look Back In Anger’
- ‘The Hearts Filthy Lesson’
- ‘Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)’
- ‘The Voyeur Of Utter Destruction (As Beauty)’
- ‘I Have Not Been To Oxford Town’
- ‘Andy Warhol’
- ‘The Man Who Sold The World’
- ‘A Small Plot Of Land’
- ‘Boys Keep Swinging’
- ‘Strangers When We Meet’
- ‘Hallo Spaceboy’
- ‘Breaking Glass’
- ‘We Prick You’
- ‘Nite Flights’
- ‘My Death’
- ‘Teenage Wildlife’
- ‘Under Pressure’
- ‘Moonage Daydream’
Also on this day...
- 2014: Single release: Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)
- 2003: Live: Manchester Evening New Arena, Manchester
- 1991: Live: Tin Machine, Tower Theater, Upper Darby
- 1975: Single release: Golden Years
- 1973: Interview: David Bowie and William Burroughs for Rolling Stone
- 1972: Live: Pirates World, Dania, Florida
- 1971: UK album release: Hunky Dory
- 1969: Photo shoot: Rules Restaurant, London
- 1968: Live: Feathers, Country Club, London
- 1962: Live: The Konrads, Cudham Parish Hall
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.