David Bowie’s band The Konrads performed at Cudham Parish Hall in Sevenoaks, Kent, on Saturday 17 November 1962.
The band had recently been joined by drummer Dave Hadfield, who quickly assumed the role of leader. He replaced former drummer Dave Crook, whose ejection upset George Underwood.
Underwood left the band shortly afterwards, and joined a number of bands including The Spitfires.
The Konrads performed a 58-song set at Cudham Parish Hall. David Bowie – then known as Dave Jay – sang eight songs including ‘Let’s Dance’ by Chris Montez.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Single release: Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)
- 2003: Live: Manchester Evening New Arena, Manchester
- 1995: Live: Wembley Arena, London
- 1991: Live: Tin Machine, Tower Theater, Upper Darby
- 1975: Single release: Golden Years
- 1973: Interview: David Bowie and William Burroughs for Rolling Stone
- 1972: Live: Pirates World, Dania, Florida
- 1971: UK album release: Hunky Dory
- 1969: Photo shoot: Rules Restaurant, London
- 1968: Live: Feathers, Country Club, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.