Song of the day
He speaks of senseless things
"I thrive on mistakes. If I haven't made three good mistakes in a week, then I'm not worth anything. You only learn from mistakes." — David Bowie, 1977
Watch that man
Tin Machine - Interview with David Bowie, Reeves Gabrels, Tony Fox Sales and Hunt Sales (1989)
Ten key dates
- 8 January 1947: David Bowie is born
- 1 January 1967: his debut album is released
- 20 March 1970: David marries Angela Barnett
- 22 January 1972: 'I'm gay and always have been'
- 6 June 1972: Ziggy Stardust album released
- 3 July 1973: Bowie breaks up the band
- 8 January 2013: Where Are We Now? single released
- 24 April 1992: David marries Iman
- 7 December 2015: Bowie's final public appearance, at the Lazarus musical premiere
- 10 January 2016: David Bowie dies
Did you know?
David Bowie's favourite artists included Tintoretto, John Bellany, Erich Heckel, Picasso and Michael Ray Charles.