David Bowie rehearsed at the Rotterdam Ahoy in Rotterdam, Netherlands, on 22 May 1987, ahead of the Glass Spider Tour.
It was fifth of seven consecutive days of rehearsals at the venue. The tour opened on 30 May 1987 at Rotterdam’s Stadion Feijenoord.
Bowie’s guitarists were Carlos Alomar and Peter Frampton. Erdal Kızılçay played keyboards, trumpet, congas, and violin, and Richard Cottle was on keyboards, saxophone, and tambourine. Carmine Rojas played bass guitar and Alan Childs was on drums and percussion.
Also on this day...
- 1989: Album release: Tin Machine
- 1983: Live: Olympiahalle, Munich
- 1978: Live: Wiener Stadthalle, Vienna
- 1973: Live: Odeon Theatre, Romford
- 1972: Radio: The Johnnie Walker Lunchtime Show
- 1970: Recording, mixing: The Man Who Sold The World
- 1969: Live: Wigmore Hall, London
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Marquee Club, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.