The seventh of nine Sunday afternoon shows promoted as the Bowie Showboat took place at London’s Marquee Club on 22 May 1966.
Each event featured two shows by Bowie and the Buzz, plus DJ sets from Ray Peterson and, on occasion, Bowie himself.
Also on this day...
- 1989: Album release: Tin Machine
- 1987: Rehearsal: Rotterdam Ahoy, Rotterdam
- 1983: Live: Olympiahalle, Munich
- 1978: Live: Wiener Stadthalle, Vienna
- 1973: Live: Odeon Theatre, Romford
- 1972: Radio: The Johnnie Walker Lunchtime Show
- 1970: Recording, mixing: The Man Who Sold The World
- 1969: Live: Wigmore Hall, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.