David Bowie and the Spiders From Mars performed at Romford’s Odeon Theatre on 22 May 1973.
It was the 118th date of the Ziggy Stardust Tour, which had begun on 29 January 1972.
We were back in the Home Counties for a few gigs and we felt happier about it, though we were still staying in an almost identical bloody Post House and this time it was near Epping.
Although unremarkable, our gig at the Romford Odeon was a great success as had been expected, and the bus came back to the Post House full of pretty young things ready to party and life was not so bad again.
Bowie & Hutch
Also on this day...
- 1989: Album release: Tin Machine
- 1972: Radio: The Johnnie Walker Lunchtime Show
- 1970: Recording, mixing: The Man Who Sold The World
- 1969: Live: Wigmore Hall, London
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Marquee Club, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.