David Bowie performed at London’s Wigmore Hall on 22 May 1969.
He was a guest performer during a set by singer Tim Hollier, contributing a dance and mime piece to the song ‘Evolution’. The other musicians were singer/guitarists Amory Kane and Rick Cuff, and drummer Clem Cattini.
Bowie had previously performed at the venue with Turquoise on 16 September 1968.
Also on this day...
- 1989: Album release: Tin Machine
- 1973: Live: Odeon Theatre, Romford
- 1972: Radio: The Johnnie Walker Lunchtime Show
- 1970: Recording, mixing: The Man Who Sold The World
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Marquee Club, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.