Iggy Pop performed at the Paramount Theatre in Portland, Oregon, on 5 April 1977.
It was the 24th night of The Idiot Tour, for which David Bowie played keyboards. The other band members were Ricky Gardiner on guitar, Tony Sales on bass guitar, and Hunt Sales on drums.
The tour opened in Aylesbury on 1 March 1977. Blondie was the support act for the North American shows. This was the last of two consecutive nights at the Paramount Theatre.
Also on this day...
- 1993: Album release: Black Tie White Noise
- 1990: Live: Festhalle, Frankfurt
- 1978: Live: Alameda Coliseum, Oakland
- 1967: Recording: Silly Boy Blue, I’m Waiting For The Man, Little Toy Soldier
- 1963: Live: The Konrads at Highcroft Hall Country Club, Crockenhill
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.