Ahead of the Isolar Tour, David Bowie undertook several days of rehearsals at the Agrodome in Vancouver, Canada.
They followed two weeks of rehearsals in January 1976 in Kingston, Jamaica.
The Vancouver rehearsals lasted from 28 January to 1 February. The Isolar Tour kicked off at the city’s Pacific Coliseum on 2 February 1976.
Also on this day...
- 1992: Live: Tin Machine, Kaikan Dai Ichi Hall, Kyoto
- 1972: Live: Borough Assembly Hall, Aylesbury
- 1971: David Bowie sees The Velvet Underground live
- 1970: Television: Cairngorm Ski Night
- 1969: Recording: Love You Till Tuesday, When I Live My Dream, The Mask
- 1966: David Bowie leaves the Lower Third
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Lower Third, Marquee Club, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.