David Bowie filmed an appearance on the Scottish TV show Cairngorm Ski Night on 29 January 1970.
It was filmed at the Grampian Television studios in Queens Cross, Aberdeen. The host was Jimmy Spankie.
Bowie performed ‘London Bye Ta-Ta’ on the show, singing and playing acoustic guitar, with backing from the resident group the Alex Sutherland Band. He was paid £35 for the appearance.
Accompanying Bowie on the trip were his girlfriend Angela Barnett, producer/bassist Tony Visconti, and percussionist Tex Johnson. They performed together at Aberdeen University the following night.
Also on this day...
- 1972: Live: Borough Assembly Hall, Aylesbury
- 1971: David Bowie sees The Velvet Underground live
- 1969: Recording: Love You Till Tuesday, When I Live My Dream, The Mask
- 1966: David Bowie leaves the Lower Third
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Lower Third, Marquee Club, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.