Davie Jones and the Manish Boys performed at the Valley Hotel Assembly Room in Caterham, Surrey, on Saturday 1 August 1964.
This was one of many performances given by the group in the summer of 1964 in the south east of England. Their repertoire had been expanding to contain more songs by James Brown, whose Live at the Apollo album was a particular favourite among the members at this time.
Also on this day...
- 1973: Travel: Paris to Rome
- 1971: Live: Marquee Club, London
- 1970: Live: Rock With Shelter, Southend-on-Sea
- 1969: Live: Festival Internazionale del Disco, Italy
- 1968: Live: Marquee Club, London
- 1965: Live: Davie Jones and the Lower Third, Pavilion Ballroom, Bournemouth
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.