Davie Jones and the Manish Boys performed at the Astor Theatre in Deal, Kent, on Monday 17 August 1964.
The theatre was given to the people of Deal by the wealthy Astor family in 1945 for their ‘courage and fortitude’ during World War Two. It was later renamed the Astor Community Theatre, and presented a mix of theatre, music, films, literary events, art exhibitions, classes and clubs.
Also on this day...
- 1987: Live: Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton
- 1983: Live: Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Phoenix
- 1974: Recording: Young Americans
- 1972: Rehearsal: Rainbow Theatre, London
- 1969: Live: Three Tuns, Beckenham
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.