David Bowie performed a solo set at London’s Marquee Club on Thursday 1 August 1968. It was his first appearance at the venue since 14 April 1967.
On this occasion he supported The Beatstalkers and The Groop. The event was promoted by Bowie’s manager Kenneth Pitt.
Also on this day...
- 1973: Travel: Paris to Rome
- 1971: Live: Marquee Club, London
- 1970: Live: Rock With Shelter, Southend-on-Sea
- 1969: Live: Festival Internazionale del Disco, Italy
- 1965: Live: Davie Jones and the Lower Third, Pavilion Ballroom, Bournemouth
- 1964: Live: Davie Jones and the Manish Boys, Valley Hotel, Caterham
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.