David Bowie performed at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California, on 20 October 1996.
This was the second of two consecutive nights at the venue. They were Bridge School Benefit shows, part of an annual event held from 1986 to 2016 to raise money for The Bridge School, which helps children with severe physical impairments and complex communication needs.
His final appearance at the venue was on 14 August 2002 during the Heathen Tour.
- ‘Aladdin Sane’
- ‘The Jean Genie’
- ‘You And I And George’
- ‘I Can’t Read’
- ‘The Man Who Sold The World’
- ‘China Girl’
- ‘White Light/White Heat’
Also on this day...
- 2003: Live: Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris
- 1983: Live: Nippon Budokan, Tokyo
- 1974: Live: Michigan Theater, Detroit
- 1973: Live: The 1980 Floor Show, Marquee Club, London
- 1972: Live: Civic Auditorium, Santa Monica
- 1969: Radio: Dave Lee Travis Show
- 1968: Live: Turquoise, Country Club, London
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Adam & Eve Club, Southampton
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.