David Bowie performed at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California, on 19 October 1996.
This was the first of two consecutive nights at the venue. They were Bridge School Benefit shows, part of an annual event held from 1986 to 2016 to raise money for The Bridge School, which helps children with severe physical impairments and complex communication needs.
His final appearance at the venue was on 14 August 2002 during the Heathen Tour.
- ‘Aladdin Sane’
- ‘The Jean Genie’
- ‘I’m A Hog For You’
- ‘I Can’t Read’
- ‘The Man Who Sold The World’
- ‘Let’s Dance’
Also on this day...
- 1991: Live: Tin Machine, Falkonersalen, Copenhagen
- 1974: Live: Michigan Theater, Detroit
- 1973: Live: The 1980 Floor Show, Marquee Club, London
- 1973: Album release: Pin Ups
- 1969: Live: Rebecca’s Club, Birmingham
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.