David Bowie performed at the Meadowlands Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey, USA, on 28 September 1995, as part of the Outside Tour.
It was the eighth date of the tour, which began on 14 September in Hartford, USA, and the second of two consecutive nights in East Rutherford.
Bowie’s guitarists were Carlos Alomar and Reeves Gabrels. Mike Garson played piano and keyboards, Gail Ann Dorsey was on bass guitar, and Zack Alford was on drums. Peter Schwartz played synthesizer and was the musical director, and George Simms was on backing vocals and keyboards.
The US leg of the Outside Tour was supported by Nine Inch Nails, as part of their Self Destruct Tour. NIN’s set segued with Bowie’s, with both acts performing several songs together before Bowie continued.
- ‘Subterraneans’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Reptile’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Hallo Spaceboy’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Hurt’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘I’m Deranged’
- ‘Look Back In Anger’
- ‘The Hearts Filthy Lesson’
- ‘The Voyeur Of Utter Destruction (As Beauty)’
- ‘I Have Not Been To Oxford Town’
- ‘A Small Plot Of Land’
- ‘Andy Warhol’
- ‘Breaking Glass’
- ‘We Prick You’
- ‘The Man Who Sold The World’
- ‘Nite Flights’
- ‘Teenage Wildlife’
- ‘Under Pressure’
- ‘Joe The Lion’
Also on this day...
- 1987: Live: Capital Centre, Landover
- 1974: Photo shoot: David Bowie and Elizabeth Taylor by Terry O’Neill
- 1972: Live: Carnegie Hall, New York
- 1969: Live: Three Tuns, Beckenham
- 1964: Live: Davie Jones and the Manish Boys, The Jolly Gardeners, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.