David Bowie performed at the Meadowlands Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey, USA, on 27 September 1995, as part of the Outside Tour.
It was the seventh date of the tour, which began on 14 September in Hartford, USA, and the first of two consecutive nights in East Rutherford.
Bowie’s guitarists were Carlos Alomar and Reeves Gabrels. Mike Garson played piano and keyboards, Gail Ann Dorsey was on bass guitar, and Zack Alford was on drums. Peter Schwartz played synthesizer and was the musical director, and George Simms was on backing vocals and keyboards.
The US leg of the Outside Tour was supported by Nine Inch Nails, as part of their Self Destruct Tour. NIN’s set segued with Bowie’s, with both acts performing several songs together before Bowie continued.
- ‘Subterraneans’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Reptile’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Hallo Spaceboy’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Hurt’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘The Hearts Filthy Lesson’
- ‘I’m Deranged’
- ‘The Voyeur Of Utter Destruction (As Beauty)’
- ‘I Have Not Been To Oxford Town’
- ‘We Prick You’
- ‘A Small Plot Of Land’
- ‘Look Back In Anger’
- ‘Breaking Glass’
- ‘Andy Warhol’
- ‘The Man Who Sold The World’
- ‘Nite Flights’
- ‘Jump They Say’
- ‘Under Pressure’
- ‘Joe The Lion’
Also on this day...
- 1990: Live: Rock in Chile Festival, Santiago
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Adam & Eve Club, Southampton
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.