Iggy Pop performed at Pittsburgh’s Leona Theater on 28 March 1977.
It was the 19th date of The Idiot Tour, for which David Bowie played keyboards. The other band members were Ricky Gardiner on guitar, Tony Sales on bass guitar, and Hunt Sales on drums.
The tour opened in Aylesbury on 1 March 1977. Blondie was the support act for the North American shows.
Also on this day...
- 1978: Live: Sports Arena, San Diego
- 1974: Travel: London to Paris
- 1968: Stage: Pierrot In Turquoise, Intimate Theatre, London
- 1968: Recording: In The Heat Of The Morning, London Bye Ta-Ta
- 1967: Live: David Bowie and the Riot Squad, Battersea Arts Centre, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.