David Bowie and the Riot Squad performed at Battersea Arts Centre in London on Wednesday 29 March 1967.
Battersea Town Hall was built in the 1890s, and was initially used as a local government building. From 1965 it was converted for use as a community and arts centre and was rebranded Battersea Arts Centre.
Also on this day...
- 2004: Live: Wachovia Center, Philadelphia
- 1978: Live: Sports Arena, San Diego
- 1977: Live: Iggy Pop, Leona Theater, Pittsburgh
- 1974: Travel: London to Paris
- 1968: Stage: Pierrot In Turquoise, Intimate Theatre, London
- 1968: Recording: In The Heat Of The Morning, London Bye Ta-Ta
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.