David Bowie performed at Beckenham’s Three Tuns pub on 15 February 1970.
This was his 36th appearance at the venue. It was for Growth – the Beckenham Arts Lab, which he had co-founded the year before.
Bowie often appeared at the Arts Lab events, which were mostly on Sunday nights at the pub. But towards the end of 1969 his interest had started to wane as his career began to take off, and by early 1970 his appearances became less frequent.
Also on this day...
- 1976: Live: Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Phoenix
- 1974: Travel: Amsterdam to London
- 1974: UK single release: Rebel Rebel
- 1973: Live: Radio City Music Hall, New York
- 1969: Live: Town Hall, Birmingham
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Pavilion Ballroom, Bournemouth
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.