David Bowie and the Buzz performed at the Pavilion Ballroom in Bournemouth on Tuesday 15 February 1966.
Bowie had played at the venue numerous times in the summer of 1965 with his previous band, the Lower Third.
Backstage at the Pavilion, a man approached Bowie asking if he could record one of his songs. The suggestion came to nothing, and the identity of the person remains unknown.
This guy asked if he could record one of David’s songs. Maybe it was ‘London Boys’. I don’t think anything came of it, but it amazed me at the time.
Any Day Now, Kevin Cann
Also on this day...
- 1976: Live: Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Phoenix
- 1974: Travel: Amsterdam to London
- 1974: UK single release: Rebel Rebel
- 1973: Live: Radio City Music Hall, New York
- 1970: Live: Three Tuns, Beckenham
- 1969: Live: Town Hall, Birmingham
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.