The third show of David Bowie’s Scottish tour of 1969 was at the Grand Hall in Kilmarnock on 8 November.
This was Bowie’s first headlining tour. Prior to this show he had performed at the Auchinleck Community Centre.
After 9 November Junior’s Eyes had to perform tour dates of their own, leaving Bowie to play solo sets. As a result, scheduled shows at Glasgow (10), Stirling (11), Aberdeen (12), and Hamilton (13) were cancelled.
Also on this day...
- 1993: Album release: The Buddha Of Suburbia
- 1971: Recording: Star, Hang On To Yourself
- 1969: Live: Community Centre, Auchinleck
- 1967: Television: Fan Club
- 1964: Live: Davie Jones and the Manish Boys, Eel Pie Island Jazz Club, Twickenham
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.