The day after he and manager Kenneth Pitt flew to Amsterdam, David Bowie filmed an appearance on the Dutch TV show Fan Club.
This was David’s first TV appearance for nearly two years, but he sailed through it without a hitch and the entire visit to Holland did much for his morale, thanks in no small measure to the gracious competence of [Phonogram A&R manager) Jan Corduwener.
The Pitt Report
Bowie and Pitt remained in the Netherlands for two more nights, returning to England on 10 November.
Also on this day...
- 2003: Live: Le Galaxie, Amnéville
- 1993: Album release: The Buddha Of Suburbia
- 1974: Live: War Memorial Stadium, Buffalo
- 1974: Live: Capital Centre, Landover
- 1971: Recording: Star, Hang On To Yourself
- 1969: Live: Grand Hall, Kilmarnock
- 1969: Live: Community Centre, Auchinleck
- 1964: Live: Davie Jones and the Manish Boys, Eel Pie Island Jazz Club, Twickenham
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.