Davie Jones and the Manish Boys returned to the Eel Pie Island Jazz Club for a fifth time on Sunday 8 November 1964.
The club was at the Eel Pie Island Hotel, on a small River Thames island near Twickenham. It was a popular venue for R&B, jazz and blues bands in the mid-Sixties.
Also on this day...
- 2003: Live: Le Galaxie, Amnéville
- 1993: Album release: The Buddha Of Suburbia
- 1974: Live: War Memorial Stadium, Buffalo
- 1974: Live: Capital Centre, Landover
- 1971: Recording: Star, Hang On To Yourself
- 1969: Live: Grand Hall, Kilmarnock
- 1969: Live: Community Centre, Auchinleck
- 1967: Television: Fan Club
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.