David Bowie performed a solo set at London’s Marquee Club on Sunday 15 June 1969.
The show was billed as An Evening with The Strawbs and Their Friends. Also on the bill was James Taylor, making his debut UK appearance. The three acts were each paid £4.
This was the first Sunday since April 1969 that Bowie had not performed at the Three Tuns pub in Beckenham.
Also on this day...
- 1978: Live: City Hall, Newcastle
- 1974: Live: Civic Centre, Ottawa
- 1973: Live: Odeon, Taunton
- 1972: Television: Lift Off With Ayshea
- 1966: John ‘Hutch’ Hutchinson leaves the Buzz
- 1963: Live: The Konrads, St George’s Church Hall, Beckenham
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.