David Bowie performed at the Midsummer Pop Festival in Cambridge on 11 June 1969.
It was a rare break from his appearances at the Beckenham Arts Lab, which were Bowie’s only other live appearances for several weeks in May and June that year.
The festival took place on Midsummer Common near Jesus College, Cambridge. Bowie performed a 15-minute acoustic set, on a bill which also included the Pretty Things, the Strawbs, Audience, and Family.
Also on this day...
- 2000: Glastonbury 2000 diary – part eight
- 1973: Live: De Montfort Hall, Leicester
- 1967: David Bowie moves in with Kenneth Pitt
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, California Ballroom, Dunstable
- 1965: Live: Davie Jones and the Lower Third, Starlight Rooms, Brighton
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.