David Bowie and the Buzz performed at the Starlite Ballroom in Greenford, Middlesex, on Saturday 1 October 1966.
The Starlite was located on Allendale Road, and was run by promoter Peter Griffin who also looked after the Starlight Ballroom in Crawley.
The building was previously the Sudbury Town Odeon. In 1964 it was renamed, and acts including the Who, Pink Floyd, Cream, and the Moody Blues performed there.
It was eventually demolished, with the site redeveloped as a block of flats.
Also on this day...
- 1997: Live: Orpheum Theater, Boston
- 1995: Live: New World Music Theatre, Tinley Park
- 1987: Live: Civic Center, Saint Paul
- 1972: Live: Music Hall, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1969: Live: Bal Tabarin, Bromley
- 1964: The Manish Boys meet music publisher Dick James
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.