David Bowie performed at the Halle Tony Garnier in Lyon, France, on 11 February 1996, as part of the Outside Tour.
It was the 60th date of the tour, which began on 14 September in Hartford, USA.
Bowie’s guitarists were Carlos Alomar and Reeves Gabrels. Mike Garson played piano and keyboards, Gail Ann Dorsey was on bass guitar, and Zack Alford was on drums. Peter Schwartz played synthesizer and was the musical director, and George Simms was on backing vocals and keyboards.
Bowie returned to the Halle Tony Garnier on 15 November 2003 during A Reality Tour.
- ‘The Motel’
- ‘Look Back In Anger’
- ‘The Hearts Filthy Lesson’
- ‘Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)’
- ‘I Have Not Been To Oxford Town’
- ‘Andy Warhol’
- ‘The Voyeur Of Utter Destruction (As Beauty)’
- ‘The Man Who Sold The World’
- ‘Strangers When We Meet’
- ‘Diamond Dogs’
- ‘Hallo Spaceboy’
- ‘Breaking Glass’
- ‘We Prick You’
- ‘Nite Flights’
- ‘Teenage Wildlife’
- ‘Under Pressure’
- ‘White Light/White Heat’
- ‘Moonage Daydream’
Also on this day...
- 1992: Live: Tin Machine, Hokkaido Kōsei Nenkin Kaikan, Sapporo
- 1977: Single release: Sound And Vision
- 1976: Live: Forum, Inglewood
- 1972: Live: Town Hall, High Wycombe
- 1969: Live: David Bowie and Hutch, University of Sussex
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Marquee Club, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.