David Bowie performed at the Forum in Inglewood, California, on 29 October 1995, as part of the Outside Tour.
It was the 26th date of the tour, which began on 14 September in Hartford, USA, and the last of two consecutive nights at the Forum.
Bowie’s guitarists were Carlos Alomar and Reeves Gabrels. Mike Garson played piano and keyboards, Gail Ann Dorsey was on bass guitar, and Zack Alford was on drums. Peter Schwartz played synthesizer and was the musical director, and George Simms was on backing vocals and keyboards.
The US leg of the Outside Tour was supported by Nine Inch Nails, as part of their Self Destruct Tour. NIN’s set segued with Bowie’s, with both acts performing several songs together before Bowie continued.
- ‘Subterraneans’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Reptile’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Hallo Spaceboy’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Hurt’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Look Back In Anger’
- ‘The Hearts Filthy Lesson’
- ‘The Voyeur Of Utter Destruction (As Beauty)’
- ‘I Have Not Been To Oxford Town’
- ‘Andy Warhol’
- ‘The Man Who Sold The World’
- ‘Strangers When We Meet’
- ‘A Small Plot Of Land’
- ‘Breaking Glass’
- ‘We Prick You’
- ‘Nite Flights’
- ‘Teenage Wildlife’
- ‘Under Pressure’
Also on this day...
- 2003: Live: Wiener Stadthalle, Vienna
- 1991: Live: Tin Machine, Olympia, Paris
- 1987: Live: Boondall Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
- 1983: Live: Nagoya-shi Kokusai Tenjijō, Nagoya
- 1974: Live: Radio City Music Hall, New York
- 1974: Album release: David Live
- 1969: Television: 4-3-2-1 Musik Für Junge Leute
- 1968: Filming: The Virgin Soldiers
- 1966: Live: Shoreline, Bognor Regis
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.