David Bowie gave a press conference at the Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood on 16 March 1990.
It took place the day after the first leg of the Sound+Vision Tour ended in Vancouver. Bowie’s next performance was on 19 March in Birmingham, England, and the tour returned to North America – which this press conference was promoting – on 27 April.
David Bowie Wonderworld Photo of the Day ★ at the Sound+Vision press conference at the Roxy Theatre, 9009 W Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA, USA on 16th March 1990 pic.twitter.com/jYFuvVWRae
— David Bowie Wonderworld (@bowieww) November 8, 2018
Also on this day...
- 1977: Live: Iggy Pop, Harvard Square Theatre, Boston
- 1976: Live: Spectrum, Philadelphia
- 1968: Stage: Pierrot In Turquoise, Mercury Theatre, London
- 1967: Rehearsal: David Bowie and the Riot Squad
- 1965: Live: Davie Jones and the Manish Boys, South Parade Pier, Southsea
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.