David Bowie spent four days rehearsing with his new backing band, the Riot Squad, from 13-16 March 1967.
This was the last of the four dates, which took place at the Swan pub in Tottenham, London. The pub, which closed in 2008, was situated at 363 High Road, on the corner of Philip Lane.
The Riot Squad’s first live show with Bowie was on 17 March at Basildon’s Woodlands Youth Centre.
Also on this day...
- 1990: Press conference: Roxy Theatre, West Hollywood
- 1977: Live: Iggy Pop, Harvard Square Theatre, Boston
- 1976: Live: Spectrum, Philadelphia
- 1968: Stage: Pierrot In Turquoise, Mercury Theatre, London
- 1965: Live: Davie Jones and the Manish Boys, South Parade Pier, Southsea
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.