Prior to the Glass Spider Tour, David Bowie undertook nine promotional press shows. The sixth was at Rome’s Piper Club on 25 March 1987.
His band members for the press shows were Carlos Alomar and Peter Frampton on guitar, Richard Cottle on keyboards, Carmine Rojas on bass guitar, and Alan Childs on drums.
Also on this day...
- 1977: Live: Iggy Pop, Masonic Temple, Detroit
- 1976: David Bowie pleads not guilty to marijuana possession
- 1974: Recording: Can You Hear Me by Lulu
- 1970: Radio: Sounds Of The 70s
- 1968: Rehearsal: Pierrot In Turquoise, Intimate Theatre, London
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Railway Hotel, Wealdstone
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.