David Bowie and the Buzz performed at the Railway Hotel in Wealdstone on Friday 25 March 1966.
The hotel was situated on Railway Approach, and was best known for being the venue where the High Numbers – who later became the Who – played a number of early shows. It closed in 1999 and was demolished in 2002.
Also on this day...
- 1977: Live: Iggy Pop, Masonic Temple, Detroit
- 1976: David Bowie pleads not guilty to marijuana possession
- 1974: Recording: Can You Hear Me by Lulu
- 1970: Radio: Sounds Of The 70s
- 1968: Rehearsal: Pierrot In Turquoise, Intimate Theatre, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.