David Bowie and the Spiders From Mars performed at Bradford’s St George’s Hall on 1 June 1973.
It was the 127th date of the Ziggy Stardust Tour, which had begun on 29 January 1972. The tour had previously visited the venue on 6 June 1972.
Sixteen years after this show, on 2 July 1989, David Bowie performed there for a third and final time with Tin Machine.
Last updated: 10 May 2023
Also on this day...
- 2000: Glastonbury 2000 diary – part four
- 1973: US single release: Time
- 1969: Live: Three Tuns, Beckenham
- 1967: UK album release: David Bowie (1967)
- 1965: Live: Davie Jones and the Lower Third, Tower Ballroom, Birmingham
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.