David Bowie’s fifth performance at Beckenham’s Three Tuns pub took place on Sunday 1 June 1969.
From this night it was rebranded from its initial incarnation The Folk Club into Growth – the Beckenham Arts Lab, which more accurately reflected its multimedia nature.
The Arts Lab was Bowie’s primary live focus in the middle of 1969, with only a handful of performances elsewhere.
Last updated: 21 March 2023
Also on this day...
- 2000: Glastonbury 2000 diary – part four
- 1973: Live: St George’s Hall, Bradford
- 1973: US single release: Time
- 1967: UK album release: David Bowie (1967)
- 1965: Live: Davie Jones and the Lower Third, Tower Ballroom, Birmingham
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.