David Bowie’s final show with the Buzz took place on Friday 2 December 1966.
The performance was at the Severn Club – sometimes known as the 7 Club – on Wyle Cop in Shreswbury.
At this time the Buzz were Derek ‘Dek’ Fearnley on bass guitar, Derek ‘Chow’ Boyes on keyboards, and John ‘Ego’ Eager on drums.
This was really just a fun show for all of us, not as tense as the others. As this was the last gig we just leg go, we didn’t have to worry about the future of the band.
Any Day Now, Kevin Cann
Following this date Bowie spend several weeks without a backing band, and eventually recruited the Riot Squad.
Also on this day...
- 1999: Live: Astoria, London
- 1991: Live: Tin Machine, La Brique, Montreal
- 1978: Live: Western Springs Stadium, Auckland
- 1972: Live: Tower Theater, Upper Darby
- 1966: UK single release: Rubber Band
- 1964: Live: Davie Jones and the Manish Boys, ABC Cinema, Hull
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.