David Bowie was photographed by Decca’s David Wedgbury on Wednesday 9 November 1966.
The shoot took place on the Thames Embankment in London. The photographs were used in publicity for Bowie’s singles, and on the back cover of his debut album.
Also on this day...
- 1991: Live: Tin Machine, Corn Exchange, Cambridge
- 1987: Live: Sydney Entertainment Center, Sydney
- 1983: Live: Oval, Adelaide
- 1970: Recording: Holy Holy
- 1969: Live: Kinema Ballroom, Dunfermline
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.