David Bowie and the Buzz performed at the Catacomb in Eastbourne, East Sussex, on Friday 28 October.
They performed two sets, each lasting around 45 minutes, for which they were paid £35. This was their only appearance at the Catacomb, which was later renamed the Viking.
If you have a precise location or address for the Catacomb, please leave a comment below.
Also on this day...
- 1995: Live: Forum, Inglewood
- 1991: Live: Tin Machine, Muziekcentrum Vredenburg, Utrecht
- 1974: Live: Radio City Music Hall, New York
- 1972: Live: Winterland Auditorium, San Francisco
- 1969: Travel: London to Berlin
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.