David Bowie and the Buzz performed at the Coronation Ballroom at Ramsgate’s Pleasurama on Friday 23 September 1966.
The Pleasurama was an amusement park which incorporated a railway station, funfair, bingo hall, cafe, and amusement arcade. It was destroyed by fire in 1998. After the site was left derelict for many years, in 2020 work on the Royals Sands development of luxury apartments got underway.
Bowie and the Buzz previously performed there on 3 June and 26 August 1966.
Last updated: 8 June 2022
Also on this day...
- 1977: Single release: “Heroes”
- 1972: Travel: Cleveland to Memphis
- 1969: Live: Three Horseshoes, London
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Marquee Club, London
- 1964: Live: Davie Jones and the Manish Boys, Medway County Youth Club, Chatham
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.