David Bowie performed at the Three Horseshoes pub in Hampstead, London, on 23 September 1969.
The occasion was a night hosted by London-based Scots folk trio The Exiles – Bobby Campbell, Enoch Kent, and Gordon McCulloch.
The pub, situated at 28 Heath Street, was later renamed The Horseshoe. Bowie had previously performed at the venue on 6 June.
Also on this day...
- 1995: Live: Star Lake Amphitheater, Burgettstown
- 1990: Live: Estádio Palestra Itália, São Paulo
- 1977: Single release: “Heroes”
- 1972: Travel: Cleveland to Memphis
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Pleasurama, Ramsgate
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Marquee Club, London
- 1964: Live: Davie Jones and the Manish Boys, Medway County Youth Club, Chatham
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.