David Bowie and the Buzz performed at London’s Marquee Club on Thursday 14 April 1966.
This was a late booking. Bowie and his band agreed to take part after the Mark Leeman Five were unable to play. The Five were one of the acts looked after by Kenneth Pitt, Bowie’s future manager, who had recently agreed to watch Bowie perform on Sunday 17 April. On that date he decided to co-manage Bowie with Ralph Horton.
Last updated: 18 May 2022
Also on this day...
- 1983: Album release: Let’s Dance
- 1978: Live: Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis
- 1973: Live: Yubin Chokin Kaikan, Hiroshima
- 1970: Mixing: Memory Of A Free Festival
- 1967: Live: Marquee Club, London
- 1967: Live: David Bowie and the Riot Squad, Ludwick Community Centre, Welwyn Garden City
- 1967: UK single release: The Laughing Gnome
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.