The first of nine Sunday afternoon shows promoted as the Bowie Showboat took place at London’s Marquee Club on 10 April 1966.
Each event featured two shows by Bowie and the Buzz, plus DJ sets from Ray Peterson and, on occasion, Bowie himself.
Also on this day...
- 1990: Live: Olympiahalle, Munich
- 1978: Live: Convention Center, Dallas
- 1976: Live: Deutschlandhalle, Berlin
- 1973: Live: Shinjuku Kōsei Nenkin Kaikan, Tokyo
- 1968: Recording: In The Heat Of The Morning, London Bye Ta-Ta
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.