Davie Jones and the Manish Boys performed at the Witch Doctor in St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, on Saturday 17 July 1965.
Bowie had previously performed at the venue on 30 January with the Manish Boys.
On this occasion they were supported by The Sultans. Tickets cost six shilling and sixpence, and the entertainment took place from 7.30-11.45pm.
Also on this day...
- 1987: Live: Stade De L’Ouest, Nice
- 1974: Live: Bushnell Performing Arts Center, Hartford
- 1974: Recording, mixing: David Live
- 1973: Recording: Pin Ups
- 1972: Travel: London to Cyprus
- 1969: Recording: Janine, An Occasional Dream
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Playboy Club, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.