Davie Jones and the Manish Boys performed at the Olympia Ballroom in Cromer, Norfolk, on Sunday 14 March 1965.
Their show the previous evening in Coleford, Somerset, had been cancelled without the band’s knowledge. Despite attempts to sleep at the venue, they hit the road again but ran out of diesel, forcing them to sleep in the van in the cold until the morning.
After finally arriving in Cromer, they shared a bill with Dundee band the Hudson Hi Four, also known as the Johnny Hudson Hi Four. The Olympia Ballroom was demolished in 1985.
Also on this day...
- 1983: Single release: Let’s Dance
- 1977: Live: Iggy Pop, Seneca College, Toronto
- 1976: Live: Capital Centre, Landover
- 1972: Live: Chelsea Village, Bournemouth
- 1970: Live: University of Surrey, Guildford
- 1968: Stage: Pierrot In Turquoise, Mercury Theatre, London
- 1967: Rehearsal: David Bowie and the Riot Squad
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.