David Bowie performed a 45-minute solo show at Guildford’s University of Surrey on 14 March 1970.
At this time he was mostly performing with Hype – Mick Ronson, Tony Visconti, and John Cambridge – but still played solo sets on occasion.
Bowie had previously performed at the Guildhall in Guildford almost a year earlier, on 15 March 1969.
Also on this day...
- 1983: Single release: Let’s Dance
- 1972: Live: Chelsea Village, Bournemouth
- 1968: Stage: Pierrot In Turquoise, Mercury Theatre, London
- 1967: Rehearsal: David Bowie and the Riot Squad
- 1965: Live: Davie Jones and the Manish Boys, Olympia Ballroom, Cromer
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.