David Bowie’s band The Konrads topped the bill at Shirley Parish Hall in Croydon on Saturday 2 November 1963.
The hall was situated at 81 Wickham Road in Croydon, south London.
The Konrads were supported by The Trubeats, which featured Bowie’s former schoolmate and future collaborator Peter Frampton on guitar. The bands had previously appeared on a bill together on 24 October 1963.
Also on this day...
- 1997: Live: Metropolitan, Rio de Janeiro
- 1991: Live: Tin Machine, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton
- 1974: Live: Radio City Music Hall, New York
- 1972: Travel: Seattle to Phoenix
- 1969: Travel: London to Zürich
- 1968: Filming: The Virgin Soldiers
- 1964: Davie Jones: “It’s time we united and stood up for our curls”
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.