Released: 17 Nov 2003
Tim Binns: project coordinator
Karen Cai: video director
Deeper Substance: remixing
Ben Galvin: remixing
Shawn Letts: remixing
The Scumfrog: remixing
Daniel Shepherd: programming, producer
Kelvin Singh: remixing
Solaris: producer, remixing
Henry Wrenn Meleck: project coordinator
- ‘Loving The Alien’ (The Scumfrog Vs David Bowie)
- ‘Let’s Dance’ (Trifactor Vs Deeper Substance remix)
- ‘Just For One Day’ (“Heroes” Extended Version) (David Guetta Vs Bowie)
- ‘This Is Not America’ (The Scumfrog Vs David Bowie)
- ‘Shout’ (‘Fashion’) (Solaris Vs Bowie)
- ‘China Girl’ (Riff & Vox Club Mix)
- ‘Magic Dance’ (Danny S Magic Party Remix)
- ‘Let’s Dance’ (Club Bolly Extended Mix)
- ‘Let’s Dance’ (Club Bolly Mix) (video)
Club Bowie is a collection of rare and unreleased remixes of David Bowie songs, released by Virgin/EMI to coincide with A Reality Tour.
As the title and subtitle (“Rare And Unreleased 12″ Mixes”) implies, the focus is on club and dance mixes. The release was aimed at both Bowie completists, dance music fans and aspiring DJs, although whether the remixes improve on the originals remains moot.
The CD contains eight mixes and lasts just over 66 minutes. The longest is the Trifactor Vs Deeper Substance remix of ‘Let’s Dance’, which clocks in at 11:02, while the shortest is David Guetta’s 6:37 reimagining of “Heroes”, titled ‘Just For One Day’.
There CD also included enhanced video content, of a 3:52 edit of the Club Bolly mix of ‘Let’s Dance’, credited to Bowie, Anita Kaur, and Navin Kumar Singh. An extended mix of the audio, lasting 7:56, is also included.