David Bowie recorded a BBC radio session for the Mark Radcliffe Show on 25 October 1999.
It took place in Studio 4 at the BBC’s Maida Vale Studios on Delaware Road, London, and was broadcast live. The producer was Will Saunders and the engineer was Mike Robinson.
Bowie’s band was Page Hamilton and Mark Plati on guitar, Mike Garson on keyboards, Gail Ann Dorsey on bass guitar and vocals, Sterling Campbell on drums, and Emm Gryner and Holly Palmer on vocals.
‘Can’t Help Thinking About Me’ was released on the Toy EP (You’ve Got It Made With All The Toys) in 2022.
Also on this day...
- 1999: Radio: Saturday Music Mix
- 1995: Live: Rose Garden, Portland
- 1991: Live: Tin Machine, Music Hall, Hanover
- 1983: Live: Yokohama Stadium, Yokohama
- 1969: Live: Odeon, Manchester
- 1964: Live: Davie Jones and the Manish Boys, Tower Ballroom, Lee-on-the-Solent
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.