David Bowie performed at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Washington, USA, on 24 October 1995, as part of the Outside Tour.
It was the 23rd date of the tour, which began on 14 September in Hartford, USA.
Bowie’s guitarists were Carlos Alomar and Reeves Gabrels. Mike Garson played piano and keyboards, Gail Ann Dorsey was on bass guitar, and Zack Alford was on drums. Peter Schwartz played synthesizer and was the musical director, and George Simms was on backing vocals and keyboards.
The US leg of the Outside Tour was supported by Nine Inch Nails, as part of their Self Destruct Tour. NIN’s set segued with Bowie’s, with both acts performing several songs together before Bowie continued.
- ‘Subterraneans’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Reptile’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Hallo Spaceboy’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Hurt’ (with Nine Inch Nails)
- ‘Look Back In Anger’
- ‘We Prick You’
- ‘The Hearts Filthy Lesson’
- ‘The Voyeur Of Utter Destruction (As Beauty)’
- ‘I Have Not Been To Oxford Town’
- ‘Andy Warhol’
- ‘Breaking Glass’
- ‘The Man Who Sold The World’
- ‘Thru’ These Architects Eyes’
- ‘Strangers When We Meet’
- ‘A Small Plot Of Land’
- ‘Nite Flights’
- ‘Teenage Wildlife’
- ‘Under Pressure’
Also on this day...
- 2003: Live: Hallenstadion, Zürich
- 1991: Live: Tin Machine, Docks, Hamburg
- 1983: Live: Nippon Budokan, Tokyo
- 1983: Album release: Ziggy Stardust: The Motion Picture
- 1980: Single release: Fashion
- 1968: Recording: Ching-A-Ling, Back To Where You’ve Never Been
- 1966: Decca agrees to record David Bowie’s debut album
- 1963: Live: The Konrads, Wickham Hall, West Wickham
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.