David Bowie and members of his band took part in the last of four consecutive recording days on 15 October 1974.
The sessions were to prepare the audio of DA Pennebaker’s documentary about the Ziggy Stardust retirement show for US television and radio simulcast.
At the time the documentary was titled Bowie ’73 With The Spiders From Mars. It was eventually released as Ziggy Stardust: The Motion Picture.
The recordings took place from 12-15 October at Star Studio in Milwaukee. The studio was later renamed the Exchange Recording Complex.
Also on this day...
- 2003: Live: Rotterdam Ahoy, Rotterdam
- 1997: Live: Radio City Music Hall, New York
- 1991: Live: Tin Machine, Forum am Schlosspark, Ludwigsburg
- 1974: Live: Michigan Theater, Detroit
- 1972: Live: Memorial Hall, Kansas City, Kansas
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.